RECOVERY TO RUNNING
Everything a mom needs to know
Professionally accredited, standardized and research informed guidelines by MEDICAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
The journey of pregnancy and childbirth has a massive impact on your previous experience of your favorite form of exercise. Where an afternoon quick jog around the neighborhood once felt so easy and effortless, pains and aches present now in places you did not know could hurt.
Why you can trust this post-partum program:
As health care practitioners and sports researchers, we have the capabilities to locate, appraise and assess evidence-based articles and programs for safe post-partum exercise guidelines. The post-natal return to running program is based on the best existing evidence together with opinions from medical experts. The advice and exercises are based on the most recent research papers found within medical databases. We strive to provide accurate and save exercise guidelines for post-partum mothers with the goal to return to running effectively. This is just a guide, but the program needs to be adapted to match each mother’s individual goals.
The aim of this program:
Improve physical and mental wellbeing
Education - importance of postnatal rehab and gradual progressions
Improve pelvic floor and abdominal function
Build muscle strength and improve fitness
Facilitate safe return to sport and running
When can you start running?
Return to running is not advisable prior to 3 months postnatal or beyond this if any symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction are identified prior to, or after attempting, return to running.
The following steps are important:
➢ An initial pelvic health assessment - screening for signs and symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction and risk factors by a health care professional
➢ Pelvic floor guided rehabilitation from 6 weeks post-natal from a health care professional
➢ Low impact activities for the first 3 months post-natal
➢ Return to running activities at 3-6 months post-natal
SIGN UP TO BE PART OF OUR
SUPPORTING COMMUNITY TODAY
Membership benefits will include the following:
- Local or virtual* running community with other Mommies
- Database of post-preganancy community members - opportunity to meet up and engage with other mommies with the same level of fitness, strenght and goals as you
- Weekly community get-togehter, virtual or local (depending on the availability of other mommies in your area
- Weekend community get-together in your community, including a social walk
- Club exclusive merchandise, including our club shirts
- Membership special pricing for our virtual events, programs and challenges
*Virtual members (members from far without a local running community) will be added to a group for virtual support. Virtual communities will be added onto a database where they can virtually have weekly community runs and weekend community runs. The virtual members will also have access to a database to see other members in the virtual community, where they are from and their level of running.
SERVICES AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FOR MEMBERS
*These services will not be free but comes at a fraction of the cost of what you pay for professional health care
- Running analysis (either at our motion lab or virtually on our website) from a motion analysis expert
- Posture analysis to get your post-preganancy posture fixed
- Shoe check-ups (at our motion lab or virtual check-ups on our website)
- Personalised post-preganancy programs (first month - beginner, two months, three months and advanced programs available)
- Personalised post-pregancy programs to reach your own personal body goals (improve pelvic floor muscles, strength of gluets and legs, improve core muscles, improve posture)
- Conditioning programs individualized to address your needs (improve fitness, strenght, mobility, reduce pain)
- Virtual support options from health care professionals
- Nutritional programs available from a dietitian
- Rehabilitation programs for any musculoskeletal problems/injuries
- Any other injury/advice/need that you might have - post-pregnancy support